Staying safe over a school holiday can be extra tricky, especially when it is Halloween. Please remember that not everyone wants to take part in the spooky fun.
If you or your children have plans this Halloween please enjoy them safely and responsibly.
Top Tricks for staying safer online this Halloween:
- Take and share spooky selfies responsibly.
- Trick or treating? Keep your location secure and private to help avoid people knowing where you are.
- Always stay in a group if you are out and about, better still to help collect more treats, go with a trusted adult and plan to visit trusted family and friends.
- Keep your devices safe by putting them in a pocket or bag put them away when crossing roads.
- Turn off Geo Tags and Location in photos and videos.
- Keep your device fully charged to help you make contact in case of an emergency.
- Secure privacy settings and turn off Bluetooth to avoid strange or inappropriate contact.
- Behave sensibly, safely and respectfully and avoid any unkind behaviour.
- Avoid creating, sharing, posting any inappropriate material online or the trick could be on you!
- Save ‘Checking In’ until you get home to help protect your whereabouts.
- Avoid searching online for spooky videos and games these may be scarier than you realised.